Received a Ticket? /FAQs

Do you need advice, on a speeding ticket you have received?  

In the first instance email your queries to:-

Local Speed Complaints: If you want to make a complaint about speeding or unsociable drivers you should either dial 101 and ask to speak to an officer, or report it via the "Speed Concern Report" on the Cumbria Police website.

This may then be referred to the Cumbria Constabulary Traffic Analyst under the force’s speeds complaints protocol.

Notice Of Intended Prosecution (NIP) Advice: If you have lost the notice you were sent by post, returned it but not heard anything back or have any other queries relating to the NIP you should contact the Central Ticket Office (CTO) by email at or by phone  01768217521 (11am - 4pm)


For general enquiries regarding the team please complete the form below.


Or email to

Freedom of Information Requests

Requests under the Freedom of Information Act should be emailed to the constabulary’s FoI team at or posted to:

Cumbria Constabulary
Carleton Hall
Cumbria Constabulary CA10 2AU

Other Useful Links